If you are running a kit, then your RPM's are more than likely going to be way up. This means more voltage being created by your magneto. Bam! Blow bulbs..
This neat little trick from Trail Tech gives you a completely adjustable regulator for setting your voltage to the level you want it.
They call it Dial-A-Brightness
- Improved AC Regulator with Adjustable Output.
- Universal voltage regulator limits voltage to 12.0-16.0 volts for AC systems (DC systems require a regulator/rectifier.)
- Conditions circuit to eliminate electrical spikes, protect from lamp blow-outs, and reduce flicker and dimming.
- ?Dial-a-Brightness? for halogen and quartz lights:
- At 14+ VAC setting, the lamps will approach HID lumens (~70%) but lamp life is short (good for racing.) ~25 hour lamp life.
- At standard setting, about 13.8 VAC, the lamps should last about 500 hours.
- At minimum setting, the lamps are not as bright as HID (~30%), but last over 1,000 hours.
- Included in Trail Tech plug-and-play high-output AC electrical systems with model-specific connectors; no cutting or splicing required.
- Designed and manufactured by Trail Tech.